Re: [RFI] When you absolutely positively have to generate 1.5k of QRM

To: qrv@kd4e.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] When you absolutely positively have to generate 1.5k of QRM
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 21:05:50 +0000
What is the CW key-down rating of the amplifier?  What is the AM rating of
the amplifier.  I'd certainly go for it if I had the $$.  Quite a bargain
for a legal-limit amp with only 1.0 watt of drive!!

BTW:  Many times during periods (a decade or so ago) of active solar
conditions that rendered 11 and 10-meters 'open', I connected and antenna
to the spectrum analyzer.  I set it up to scan from 25 MHz through 29.75
(or what ever) MHZ.  Every time I've been motivated to look at this, many
of the the 11-meter signals are some 15 to as much as 25 dB above *any* of
the amateur signals.  In addition, some are as much as 50 kHz wide with
just filthy radiated RF energy.  Nobody cares.

These days, most of the once reasonable federal agencies, FCC included,
have been gutted of any real clout when it comes to enforcement.  They are
now full of lawyers who have absolutely no knowledge of the technology they
are hired to serve.  QED

Dave - WØLEV

On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 7:01 PM, qrv@kd4e.com <qrv@kd4e.com> wrote:

> Does the FCC have to look the other way because it's a kit without a
> power supply?
>
> Or do they just not care?
>
> https://www.rflinear-amplifiers.com/product-page/1500-watt-
> pep-ldmos-rf-amplifier
>
> Isn't this a public confession of guilt?
>
> At least intent to operate illegally ...
>
> What's the point of laws that aren't enforced?
>
> Sigh ...

*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*