[RFI] Inverse Square Law and RFI

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Inverse Square Law and RFI
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2018 17:36:38 -0400
All:

These might be a silly questions, but given how complex this subject is, I thought I'd ask anyway.

1. Does the inverse square-law apply to all devices that emit RFI where the RF energy emanating from the device falls off exponentially with distance?

2. Is it common for power and other utility cables to carry and radiate RFI from a device located in a neighbors home over long distances before being attenuated?

In a case like that, I would imagine locating the source of interference would be nearly impossible with all that RFI being radiated by utility lines.

73, Tony -K2MO