Re: [RFI] Smoke Detectors Beeping

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Smoke Detectors Beeping
From: Stan Zawrotny <k4sbz.stan@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 16:46:54 -0400
Jim,

Thanks for your response.

At a minimum, ALL of that wiring should be twisted pair, and ALL of that
wiring should have a GOOD common mode choke at each end. By "good" I mean
follow the guidelines in k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf  CAT5/6 cables consist of
four excellent twisted pairs.

I am meeting with an electrician on Wednesday to discuss some wiring that I
need done in my shack and I am going to have him take a look at the system.
I have a copy of your guidelines that I will give him.

BTW, I have been following this forum for over two years. If I may make an
observation: It might be more helpful if, instead of telling people to
"study the guidelines in k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf", you were to paraphrase the
information from it that is relevant to the current problem. The paper is
71 pages long and a bit much for someone looking for a specific solution.
Also, it is a fine treatise of the subject, but it is a little above the
heads of most laymen. You provide fine information on the forum, but we
need precise, practical solutions.

Please excuse me if I seem ungrateful for your response. I was especially
looking forward to seeing what you would have to say, hoping that you would
respond. Thank you again.

Stan

Stan Zawrotny, K4SBZ
K4SBZ.Stan@Gmail.com