Re: [RFI] SO2R 2nd Harmonic Interference

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] SO2R 2nd Harmonic Interference
From: Randall K Martin <rkmassoc@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2018 16:55:45 -0600
Grant, Thanks for the recommendation of Battery MINDer products.

Jim, thanks for your input. I did find a transformer type wall wart with same specs as his charger (12V 750 ma). I was going to swap it out, but noticed that his "bad" charger actually has some smarts in it that cut the charge off once the battery is fully charged. So it isn't a simple trickle charger. I can't honestly tell him I am giving him the same functionality if I splice in my power supply.

I will see if I can find a battery minder locally and try it as a replacement. Will tell the store owner my requirement that it be RFI quiet and be sure they will take it back if it is defective.

Case closed for now.

73 Randy K0EU