Re: [RFI] Spectrum Cable Boxes

To: James Gordon Beattie Jr <w2ttt@att.net>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Spectrum Cable Boxes
From: "Anthony (N2KI)" <n2ki.ham@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2019 21:22:54 -0500
Update to the Spectrum Cable box testing,

What I have tried.

   - RF Chokes (Material 31) on power, HDMI & RG6 - DID NOT FIX RFI
   - Tightly wrapping the entire box in foil. - DID NOT FIX RFI
   - Putting the box on a 12v battery - VIOLA - NO RFI

So now that we know its the power supply,  I have to find a 12v 3A wall
wart that is not affected by RFI.  Suggestions?

Thanks!

Regards,

Anthony (N2KI)