Re: [RFI] Dimmer Switch

To: jwin95@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Dimmer Switch
From: Howard Lester <howard220@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2019 12:52:28 -0500
The one in question is an “Ecosmart (Home Depot) Dimmable 1918ZF, 3000K, 8W.”
The lamp is plugged into an electric timer with a mechanical clock wheel.
During a net (when signals are regularly present) I’ll try it again, this with
the lamp plugged directly into the outlet, bypassing the timer. Before using
this bulb, I was using another LED, and it caused the same noise. I can’t
recall, though, what bulb that one was.

FWIW, I have Juno 10W LED Trac lights that are on a Lutron DIVA dimmer ($70 for
the dimmer!). The dimmer is specifically recommended by Juno. While there is no
hum or buzz to the lamp itself, I get noise in my HT when the dimmer is set
anywhere but at its lowest setting.

If you don’t hear from me again on the Ecosmart bulb, it’s because in or out of
the timer made no difference.

Howard