Re: [RFI] Update: Tesla's Response to Solar Panel RFI

To: KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Update: Tesla's Response to Solar Panel RFI
From: David Eckhardt <davearea51a@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 02:02:37 +0000
Again, there are no FCC limits placed on *radiated emissions* below 30
MHz.  Only limits on *conducted emissions* are in place by FCC for
frequencies from 150 kHz through 29.99999999.......MHz.  Since nothing in
the typical solar installation is considered 'conducted emissions', nothing
of Part 15 applies.  Radiated emissions are limited by FCC only at and
above 30 MHz.  For that, Part 15, Subpart B, unintentional radiators
applies.  However, as pointed out in the ARRL letter from W1RFI, those max
levels can be quite intrusive (but, only above 30 MHz).  Thems 'R the rules.

Dave - WØLEV

On Wed, Dec 18, 2019 at 12:01 AM KD7JYK DM09 <kd7jyk@earthlink.net> wrote:

> "Let me see if I can put this into perspective. First, there are a
> number of factors here that are not usually made part of the discussions
> about solar arrays that are being installed. The first is the applicable
> FCC rules...
>
> Interesting reference, and baseline, if the offense was purely a
> violation of Part 15 certification, and whether or not the
> qualifications were met, for sales purposes. And, for the average idiot
> (consumers, at the expense of those surrounding them that may be
> affected), this looks great on a sales leaflet.
>
> Now, to address the  ACTUAL issue...
>
> In compliance with Part 15, or not, the ___interference to licensed, and
> protected radio servi__ces_, as noted.
>
> Certainly there is a valid Part that addresses THIS...
>
> Kurt

*Dave - WØLEV*
*Just Let Darwin Work*
*Just Think*