[RFI] New SolarEdge Solar Panel RFI Video - January 29, 2020

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>, Tony Brock-Fisher <barockteer@aol.com>
Subject: [RFI] New SolarEdge Solar Panel RFI Video - January 29, 2020
From: Tony <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 01:34:04 -0500
All:

I recently recorded a detailed video that shows the RFI being generate by a neighbors SolarEdge solar panel system.

The video shows the noise being measured at various distances from the solar panels using a portable HF receiver. I used the same receiver to measure the noise at the central inverter.

Measurements were taken with the receiver placed next to the inverter both during the day and at night to illustrate how the noise disappears once the panels are no longer illuminated by the sun.

This was revealing because it illustrates how the daytime noise levels drop off completely at night once the inverter shuts down.

The noise is also shown on my home receiver using Yagi antennas located 120 feet from the source both during the day and at night.

The video was sent to Tesla in response to their recent email which claimed the noise was NOT being generated by their system.

Suggestions regarding other test methods / ideas would be appreciated.

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bcx75m_zbv8

Tony -K2MO