Re: [RFI] 48v DC Clean Power Supply

To: RFI List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 48v DC Clean Power Supply
From: Jim McCook <w6ya@cox.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 19:25:01 +0000
Chuck,

I hear no sign of this noise anywhere on 80m.... or even up in the SSB portion.  Definitely nothing on 3.588 or nearby.

I just rechecked my own noise from this device that we confirmed by powering down the switch:

28.060
28.310
28.556

These are approximate frequencies.  The noise is about 10 KHz wide and looks like a hill, not a peak.  It's S-9 at 100ft away on 28.060 and a bit weaker on the others.  Frequencies vary constantly over several KHz.  I just realized there is a repeating interval at 250 KHz.  I wonder if you see the noise on 10m?

Today I find no sign of it on 15m or any other HF bands.

Jim