Re: [RFI] Ut oh. VisionSolar is parked next door.

To: Rfi List <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Ut oh. VisionSolar is parked next door.
From: MICHAEL ST ANGELO <mstangelo@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2020 18:15:53 -0500 (EST)
The only way the FCC and our representatives will listen to Hams is if we act
as the "Canary in the Coalmine" and emphasize if new products interfere with
Ham Radio it will eventually interfere with public service and commercial
services.

A bigger threat to Amateur Radio frequencies is the profit center philosophy.
VHF and Microwaves are a finite resource worth billions of dollars. If we don't
use them we will lose them.

Ironically, since HF is only used on a secondary bases for commercial and
military services I believe it will be less of a threat to covet these
frequencies.

Since I am retired I find I don't like to sit at a desk for long periods so
I've been doing lots of portable operation when the weather is agreeable. I'm
finding areas at parks and beaches which are free of noise (and people in these
days of COVID-19) and spend time operating at these sites.

My wife agrees that Amateur Radio as a hobby stimulates the mind but mentions
it is a sedentary hobby. I counteract her with my example of operating in the
field. (Now to convince her the Elecraft K4 is a portable radio).

Mike N2MS