[RFI] Tracking Electrical Interference in 1924

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Tracking Electrical Interference in 1924
From: "Paul Christensen" <pchristensen@ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2021 09:07:50 -0500
Using Brigg's description of the arcing street light location (i.e., 2nd pole
on School St. off Washington), the pole location and surrounding neighborhood
can be easily seen using Google street maps.  In those old neighborhoods, it's
highly likely that even though the wood poles have been changed through the
years, the pole positions mostly remained the same.

Last year, I attended a funeral of a childhood friend in Dwight, IL.  On that
visit, I searched for the home of G. Wiley Bergman, 9CA.  Wiley was a prolific
spark operator in the early '20s.  Bergman's station was described in a 1923
issue of QST.  Taking that issue with me, I located the home and found the
antenna lead-in entry point, just as shown in the QST photos.   The house looks
the same today as it did in 1923.  QST photos also show placement of several
utility poles.  I compared placement against the photos, and they're at the
same locations today.

Paul, W9AC