Re: [RFI] Seeking opinions about origin of this major RFI...

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Seeking opinions about origin of this major RFI...
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2021 19:43:11 -0800
On 1/28/2021 6:26 PM, N2CBU wrote:
I see peaks and nulls in multiple directions with my rotor-mounted loop, and
see one
significant null in the direction of that intersection. The electric utility
investigated the area but reported
nothing found.

Andrew,

Study the material on using a spectrum analyzer with a waterfall. Also study the material on NK7Z's site. If you don't have an RX that provides a very good and slow waterfall display, buy one. They're not expensive. Without such a display, we're wandering around in the dark.

http://k9yc.com/KillingReceiveNoise.pdf
http://k9yc.com/KillingRXNoiseVisalia.pdf

73, Jim K9YC