[RFI] QRM from recessed lighting

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] QRM from recessed lighting
From: <kq3f@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 08:43:02 -0500
Apologies if this has come up before.

We've recently renovated the basement and installed LED recessed lighting in
the shack. They're Torchstar 3000K "warm" lights, made in China. When I set
up my IC-7610 again, I noticed elevated noise levels on 15-10 meters. After
thinking about it for a few minutes, I turned off the lights. Noise was
gone. Turn the lights back on, noise returns. And so on.

I suspect the noise is coming from the transformers. Any idea how to deal
with this, or do I need to replace the lights with something else? Thanks in
advance for any help.

73, Joe KQ3F