Re: [RFI] LED fish tank light noise.

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] LED fish tank light noise.
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2022 09:50:01 -0700
On 4/22/2022 8:22 AM, Dave (NK7Z) wrote:
The blocking ability for RFI goes up dramatically when you wrap turns on a ferrite.

I discovered this in 2005 when doing lab research on RFI to pro audio systems, and published it in a Paper presented to the Audio Engineering Society that year. I expanded on it in 2007 for the ham community in k9yc.com/RFI-Ham.pdf That paper is in its 7th revision, and has had millions of downloads. The concepts were added to the ARRL Handbook more than ten years ago.

73, Jim K9YC