Re: [RFI] Whirlpool Washer noise

To: 'Mike Fatchett' <w0mu@w0mu.com>, "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Whirlpool Washer noise
From: "EDWARDS, EDDIE J via RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2022 18:53:01 +0000
Mike,

My LG WaveForce washer with Inverter direct-drive does something similar with
the tub movement during wash cycle, but it's not as strong as your RFI is.  I
only noticed it when I moved my roof antenna closer to the washer while getting
roof shingles replaced. But it's so weak it's not an issue

As Don recommended check out K9YC.com for articles on using ferrites for RFI
reduction.  If it's radiating that far away, it's probably getting on your AC
wiring whose length somewhere is resonant.  I once found RFI from a touch lamp
that I eliminated from a neighbor's house a block away by unplugging an unused
extension cord in their garage.  So wiring resonance is something to think
about, and it's in your own house making it easier to find and resolve if
that's a part of the problem.

Also, RFI from washing machines has been discussed in the past, so check out
the archives here:
 http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/rfi/

73, de ed -K0iL