RTTY

Re: [RTTY] DDK9 on 10101.8

To: <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] DDK9 on 10101.8
From: "Schmidt-Eutingen" <joheschmidt@gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 20:20:12 +0200
Hi all,

for those interested in the system of synop- and various
other codes, you can find further literature under

http://www.klingenfuss.org/homepage.htm

During my (smallboat-)sailing in the 80's I had no FAX-equipment
which was small enough for 30 foot sailing boats. The synop infos
were also transmitted in CW and so I was able to draw my Weather-Charts
upon this info. Pretty timeconsuming, but we always made it safe to port.

Well, not really Ham Radio, but in some way related.

VY 73 Heinz DK7UM (ex EP3HS)