RTTY

[RTTY] Cut Numbers in WAE RTTY

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Cut Numbers in WAE RTTY
From: rjohnson <k1vu@tmlp.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 21:45:50 -0500
Hi:
During the WAE TTY contest I had a DL station send his Serial Num, using Cut
Numbers.

This caused me a lot of problems. N1MM wouldn't read it when I clicked on the
SN.
I wasted a lot of time trying to make the exchange, finally after sending NR?
NR? several times
he came back with 431 431 431.

Why would anyone want to use Cut Numbers in a RTTY contest ???

I can see using them in a CW contest, but even there it causes confusion.

In RTTY, the only thing that I can see is you don't need to send FIGs (SN) LTRs.

If there is another reason to do this, please enlighten me.

TNX es 73
Bob, K1VU