Re: [SD-User] Callsigns

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Callsigns
From: "Paul O'Kane" <paul@ei5di.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 22:06:41 -0000
From: "Geoff Bate" <g0fht@dsl.pipex.com>

> Just a thought Guys whilst we're at it perhaps it may be a
> good idea to do away with callsigns altogether!!!!!!!!

Isn't that going a bit far?  After all, callsigns have been
known to change from one QSO to another :-)

But what about 59(9) sent, received and logged in every QSO
and then ignored by the log checkers?  That IS a waste of
time.

When I call a running station, I expect to hear my call in
full.  If not, I repeat it (with no exchange) until the other
station gets it right or gives up.  There is no provision in
SD's keyer to send anything other than the full call as
logged.

73,
Paul EI5DI