Re: [SD-User] SDWIN LPT1 CW

To: Paul O'Kane <paul@ei5di.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] SDWIN LPT1 CW
From: Vic Rosenthal <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2004 11:30:44 -0800
Paul O'Kane wrote:

The CW speed in SD/WIN is controlled by the SD_CALWIN
parameter in SDCONFIG.TXT (and SD_CALDOS for SD/DOS).
These values are calculated during the operation of the
CALIBRATE command - based on the measured time to send
the word PARIS on your PC.

Please try directly editing (as an alternative to
CALIBRATE) the value for SD_CALWIN with a text editor
- a higher value increases the CW speed.

Here is what I found: my original SD_CALDOS was 64 and SD_CALWIN was 550. This was much too slow; it was necessary to change SD_CALWIN to 2100 in order to get the correct speed. However, I still have two problems with the Windows program: 1) The first dot or dash is often much too long when CW generation starts, and 2) Hitting ESC to terminate sending results in a long dash before it stops.

I think the DOS program still is the version of choice for my computer (400 MHz Pentium with W98SE).

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco