RE: [SD-User] Data modes

To: <andyphewitt@btopenworld.com>,"Sd-User@Contesting. Com" <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [SD-User] Data modes
From: "G3ZSU" <g3zsu@btopenworld.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 23:36:20 -0000
Andy,

I can't easily see a way around your problem. If I was going to do some
lightweight contesting like the RSGB Cumulatives, I might be more inclined
to use something like MixW which has contest logging built in, although I've
never tried that bit out, or Hamscope which integrates nicely with YPLog.
You need to register YPLog to get the contest facilities and I gather that
registration is still taking some time, so that may not be an option.  You
would also need to modify a "contest rule" to get YPLog to score the
cumulatives correctly.

For more serious contests I would definately stick with SD and find another
way.

I did a few comparisons on Digimode software a few years ago and it's still
there to look at on http:/wwww.g3trf.org then go to Digimodes in the members
area.  It's all in need of an update really, but you may find it useful.

73

Shaun G3ZSU