Re: [SD-User] SDC 10.14 oddities

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] SDC 10.14 oddities
From: "Paul O'Kane" <paul@ei5di.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 16:53:28 -0000
From: "Martin Davies G0HDB" <g0hdb@amdavies.demon.co.uk>

> I worked the HQ station GB5CC on 40, 20 & 15m.  SDC flagged up
> the QSOs on 40m and 15m as earning bonuses, but not the 20m
> QSO.

Can't explain that at the moment - SDC seems to be working OK
here. Please send me your .ALL and BERU.CTY files and I'll do
some more tests.

> When using the keyer (driving LPT1) I noticed that the speed
> of the Morse was varying slightly when a string of characters
> was being sent.

This often happens when SD/DOS (or SDC) is run in a DOS
window (or full-screen) while Windows is running.  In my
experience, there is no variation in speed if the computer is
started in MS-DOS Only mode.  Of course, if you were running
in "pure" DOS, then I need to do some more testing.

73,
Paul EI5DI