Re: [SD-User] Starting SD, SDI and SDX

To: SD User <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Starting SD, SDI and SDX
From: Alban Fellows <g7ugc@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 09:03:38 +0100
On 22/4/04 7:17 am, "Paul O'Kane" <paul@ei5di.com> wrote:

> These are all Windows programs and, as such, they should not be
> started from a DOS prompt - simply because you can't depend on
> them working that way.
>
> You have two options - they're both described in README.1ST and
> in SD.DOC.
>
> 1.  Select Start, Run, Browse  - find SD.EXE and then press OK.
>
> 2.  The preferred option is to create a desktop shortcut to
>   SD.EXE (and to SDI.EXE and SDX.EXE if required)
>
> Using Windows Explorer (not Internet Explorer) locate the file
> called SD.EXE.  When you've done that, right-click on the icon
> (again in Windows Explorer) for SD.EXE, and select "Create
> Shortcut".  This creates a separate icon labelled "Shortcut to
> SD.EXE" which you should then drag to the desktop.
>
> Then, start SD by double-clicking on the shortcut icon on the
> desktop - you can rename this icon to whatever you choose.

Paul,

As the various programs are being phased over to windows, would it be worth
creating a Windows installer package for each one.
This could create any necessary shortcuts and could have components allowing
installations of for example just the .CTY files or the Rig control files.

I can recommend a simple to use free installer maker called Inno Setup which
will support all this.

Feel free to contact me directly if you would like more details or help in
creating an installer.

73s
Alban