Re: [SD-User] Faulty Number Keys

To: "SD Reflector" <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Faulty Number Keys
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 22:00:22 +0100
From: "Ivan Wilson" <ivan_wilson@onetel.net.uk>

Ivan and others,

> mode con codepage prepare=((850) C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\ega.cpi)
> mode con codepage select=850
> keyb uk,,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\keyboard.sys

That seems to be the answer - at least on Win98.
I already had those lines in my AUTOOEXEC.BAT file,
and when I commented them out the 2 and 3 keys
would not work with Caps Lock On.

If you want to see what SD sees as each key is typed,
try the SHOW command. In this case SD sees " for 2,
and £ (pound sign) for 3.  They don't appear in the
callsign field because they're not valid callsign
characters.

Now that I know what's happening I'll try to fix it.

If anyone who is experiencing this problem wants
another option, just create an SD.MAP file with
the following two lines.

" 2
£ 3

It's that simple!

Has anyone seen anything similar on Win 2000 or XP?

73,
Paul EI5DI