RE: [SD-User] FT1000 to Computer Serial Port

Subject: RE: [SD-User] FT1000 to Computer Serial Port
From: "G3ZSU" <g3zsu@btopenworld.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 00:45:58 -0000
Denys,

The PC end of the cable (assuming 9 pin serial port) needs to be simply

DB-9 Connector Pin Out Pin Signal Name Description
1
2 RXD Receive Data
3 TXD Transmit Data
4
5 GND Signal Ground / Common

So a "straight" i.e. not a null modem cable is all you need.  If you need to
control the PTT etc, this will need to via a separate Com Port on the PC.

Not sure what S/PO does, but guess it is a metering function, but not going
to get the manual out now as it's nearly 1:00 a.m. here.

73

Shaun