Re: [SD-User] ADIF and Power

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] ADIF and Power
From: "Paul Bigwood" <paul@kbcomms.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 07:28:26 +0100
You can do the same with Notepad.

I've just switched to using logger32 as my main log and when importing from
Turbolog I moved whole fields like  this.

In Turbolog I used the IOTA field for general notes, like the contest name,
which aerial I was using etc, because it appeared on the main logging page,
whereas the comments line didn't.

Using the find and replace function of Notepad, it was very easy to move the
general notes to the notes field of Logger32 and the Contest named ones to
the contest_id field.

ADIF is a very flexible and powerful means of moving large amounts of data
between two different programs, but extremely easy to use, once you know the
basics of how it works.  I use it all the time for importing SD logs into
logger32 after the contests. Not to many QSO's each time but that's another
story!

73 de Paul G3WYW