[SD-User] SD, Vista and Winkey

Subject: [SD-User] SD, Vista and Winkey
From: Paul Whatton <paul@g4dcv.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 18:33:54 +0000
Hi all

I have just got a laptop which came pre-loaded with Windows Vista Home
Premium. SD seems to work fine and, although I haven't actually tried it
in anger in a contest yet, it loads my old SD files and seems to run
without any problems at all. SDCheck seems fine too.

But the disaster is that I can't get WinkeyUSB to work. I have been in
contact with Steve K1EL and while he replied really quickly to me he
isn't supporting Vista yet. Of course it will happen eventually. But in
the meantime this is worth checking out if you are thinking of getting a
new laptop that you intend to use on a contest/DXpedition.
If anyone can help me solve this I'd much appreciate it. I'm not
computer literate enough to be able to debug this myself.

73 Paul G4DCV
PS so far I have also tried MMTTY, MMSSTV and WSJT, early findings are
that they seem to run fine under Vista.