Re: [SD-User] QSO Parties and small program bug?

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] QSO Parties and small program bug?
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 18:13:12 +0100
Hello Puck,

> San Diego   SDGO  should be SDIE
> Santa Cruz  SCRZ  should be SCRU

Thanks - I've made the corrections.

> If I used the supplied template file the frequency read from my
> OMNI VII did not show up at the bottom of the screen.  It flashed
> on for a moment when the logging screen came up and then went away
> never to return.    It seems if you set MIXED to Y you have this
> problem.  If it's set to N there there is no problem.

It must be something to do with SD polling the radio for the mode.
However, it may be a timing issue.  Please try different values
for POLLTIME and LINKTIME to see if it makes a difference.

> I've noticed that in QSO parties there is no way to determine
> if a mobile station is a dupe or not.

That's correct - /M calls are excluded from dupe checking - this
applies to all contests.

> Maybe I should have logged them as K5NA/AUST, K5NA/BELL, etc. instead
> of K5NA/M.

That's what I would recommend - it's just not as fast as /M!

> I made a MLT file for the Texas QSO party and used the program for
> that one.

Yes, please send me that - I'll add templates for the Texas event.

> SD works well in that contest except it does not account for the
> bonus points given for working a mobile station in 5 or more counties.

There's no easy way for me to cater for "individual" scoring rules
like this.  In any case, contest organisers re-score Cabrillo logs
- so the only likely effect is that that you'll get more points than
you claimed.

73,
Paul EI5DI