Re: [SD-User] CC test

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] CC test
From: "Paul O'Kane" <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 17:37:58 -0000
From: <IanSDavies@aol.com>

> When entering 'HQ' I was  losing the serial number received
> and therefore had to put the 'HQ' in after the QSO was entered.

The serial field in SDC has 5 characters allocated.
That's because it's designed for both serial and HQ,
for the relatively rare occasions you have to add HQ.

For example, if you hear 056 HQ from GB5CC, you're
expected to enter this as O56HQ or 56HQ followed by
Enter.  The logged QSO then shows 056 as serial and
"HQ" in the HQ field.

The other way is to enter the serial and then Tab to
the HQ field.  It is in those circumstances that the
serial "disappears" in V13.39.  That's a display error
only, because the serial is not lost, and is logged
whether or not it's followed by HQ.  Needless to say,
I'll fix that right away.

> I now find that the HQ entries are shown in the
> Cabrillo log but the multiplier check list shows
> that 6 out of 12 HQ entries are missing as  multipliers
> which, of course, lowers the score somewhat.

Anyone who has this or a similar problem, please send
me your .ALL, .AUD and BERU.CTY files from the contest
and I will re-score your log, and fix whatever has to
be fixed in SDC.

73,
Paul EI5DI