[SD-User] PROBLEM WITH WINKEY & V13.41a

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] PROBLEM WITH WINKEY & V13.41a
From: IanSDavies@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:54:59 EDT
Right Paul... here goes:

Only applies to 13.41a and not 13.25 being used as my comparison.

Only occurs when a call is entered in the logging line

Winkey is version V2

using 9 pin serial port as COM1

When a call is on the logging line and the pot is set low speed and I press
F5, which is #R,  the first call is at the correct speed but the  second press
of F5 will result in the speed going up  to approximately 28 wpm and sticks
there for F5 and for all F  numbers above. As F6 is my run message this is
awkward

When it has gone up to 28wpm I can slow it down again with the pot as the
msge is being sent but the next depression of the key results in the speed
going
 back up. If in using the pot I go to the lowest point of travel to slow it
down and I wish to slow down the next msge I can turn the pot up high and then
 down again while sending to bring the speed back down. As before the next
depression of the key will result in the speed going back up.

I have found that if the F key message is using the call on the logging  line
the speed will stay constant at the speed I set.

Also if I then go back from,say, F2 which has the call in the  message to F5
and with the call still on the logging line I find that the  first two #R
calls have a fast first character and then drops to correct speed.  On the
third
or fourth F5 depression the speed shoots up 28wpm and stays there  if I carry
on pressing F5.

I then tried shifting the #R msge to F2 and got the same effect as with F5
and all the F keys were 'infected' by the higher speed. The only correct speed
requires the logging line call to be in the message.

The speed indicated on the screen does NOT track the high speed but stays
indicating the low speed I have set.

I also note that without a call on the logging line the cursor blinks  slower
(and irregularly) compared with having a call entered.

 I can't think of any other permutations at present

Ian