[SD-User] SD and IC-7400 CW keying

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: [SD-User] SD and IC-7400 CW keying
From: Graeme Caselton <gcaselton@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:00:11 -0800 (PST)
Has anyone got SD/SDU to work OK with an Icom IC-7400 please?

The frequency reads OK on to SD/SDU, but when I PF key from SD/SDU, the IC-7400
either keys up for the duration of the macro with a very long dah, keying down
at the end of the macro, or keys the macro sequence but hangs up for longer
than normal on some of the dits and dahs before keying down.

If you have a SD and Icom setup, what SD/SDU settings and what Icom menu
settings do you use please? The interface is a microHAM digikeyer which works
fine when CW'ing from DXLab Winwarbler.

Having not used this setup for CW before, the problem appeared during the REF
contest, meaning I had to use the F1-F4 buttons on the IC-7400 to send the
exchanges.

Thanks
Graeme
G6CSY