Re: [SD-User] Recent email virus.

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Recent email virus.
From: "Dave Sergeant" <dave@davesergeant.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:55:17 -0000
On 24 Mar 2009 at 16:43, Ron Pratt wrote:

> I am so glad that at least two other people have received it. I thought
> I was being targeted for some reason when in fact it is the SD User
> Group. Makes you think though about who might be monitoring our emails!!
>
> 73
>
> Ron Pratt
>
> G4DDX.

I don't think there is anything too sinister about this. This list is
configured with the 'reply to' address set to the sender, so if you
post a message any delivery problems with that message get sent back to
you. Clearly the person involved has some sort of problem with his
email account or has an infected computer so everybody who posts will
get the strange bounce message. Maybe the moderators could check that
chap's account and suspend him until his problem is sorted.

(and I guess I will now see the strange email you are all talking
about...).

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com