Re: [SD-User] Changed behaviour in ESM?

To: SD-User@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Changed behaviour in ESM?
From: Bert Hyman <bert@iphouse.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:37:13 -0600
For what it's worth, I found that I could coerce some VERY strange
behavior out of SD when I would occasionally start flailing around the
keyboard when an exchange didn't go as expected (I don't do well under
pressure).

I too use S&P mode exclusively, and a couple of I'd hear SD sending the
OTHER station's call instead of mine, and once saw my call in the display
where the other station's call should have been, replacing the call I'd
entered myself.

I can't describe the exact sequence of operations involved, but as I
recall these things usually happened when I had hit ESC to interrupt
sending either my call or an exchange at the wrong time.

The problems were always transient and the following exchanges went as
expected.

I know this is not much help at all.

Bert Hyman      St. Paul, MN    bert@iphouse.com