Re: [SD-User] Ctrl (Keyboard Mode)

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Ctrl (Keyboard Mode)
From: Mike Harris <mike.harris@cwimail.fk>
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 18:33:40 -0300
Hi,

Yesterday when I reported that all was normal with the Ctrl command I
failed to notice that my K3 also locked up in TX mode.  For this I
apologise.

My system is as follows:

PC > microHAM Digi Keyer II > K3

SD and Logger32 talk to the Digi Keyer II via the microHAM "device
router" app generated virtual Com ports.  Using unique configuration
presets.

SD uses Com1 for CAT and Com3 for Winkey.
Logger32 additionally uses Com1 for PTT (RTS) and Com2 for FSK/PTT for
MMTTY.

In SD toggling Ctrl causes the Digi Keyer PTT to lock up ONLY if WINKEY
IS ENABLED.  This happens even if the Com2 virtual port is deleted from
the PC and PTT is not enabled over Com1.

I don't recall seeing this PTT issue when using a microHAM CW Keyer with
my K2.

I do recall having a TX lock up problem on my old PC WinXP.  I just
pulled the AUX plug out and pressed on!  I never related it to Ctrl 'cos
I never used it.

Happy to do whatever testing is requested.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO