Re: [SD-User] Rig Keying.

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] Rig Keying.
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 16:21:14 +0100
On 02/06/2012 15:59, brian coyne wrote:

> No matter what port no I enter I get the message 'does not exist or is busy'.

That message invariably means what it says.
Either the port assigned to the keyer does
ot exist or it has already been opened by
another application.

> I have deleted the INI file and rebooted without success.

You need to repeat the PORTS command to re-assign
a COM port for the keyer.

> I use XP and under 'Device Manager' I can see no reference to 'PORTS'.

Start / Settings / Control Panel / System /
Hardware / Device Manager / Ports

Expand Ports, by clicking on the + sign, to
see what ports are available.

73,
Paul EI5DI