Re: [SD-User] SD internal keying

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] SD internal keying
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 21:47:15 +0100
On 19/10/2014 20:20, M. Bak wrote:
Being a satisfied SD-user for many years on a XP-system with the internal
keyer, I am now trying to install the latest version of SD on a Windows 7
system. All is running well, but the CW-speed is varying very much. Starting
too slow, ending too fast.

The only way to guarantee smooth CW keying, at all
times, on Windows (or any other multi-tasking computer)
is to use an external keyer.

Most of the time, SD's internal keying is smooth,
but this is not guaranteed - it may work perfectly
on most PCs but not on some.

I recommend WinKey USB.  It takes ASCII text characters
from SD or other contest loggers, and converts them
to CW characters.  WinKey CW is always smooth, and I
have used it since 2003.

www.hamcrafters.com

73,
Paul EI5DI