Re: [SD-User] RAEM Contest.

To: sd-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [SD-User] RAEM Contest.
From: Paul O'Kane <pokane@ei5di.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2015 09:37:29 +0000
On 01/01/2015 09:16, brian coyne wrote:
What I would like to know is whether it is necessary to have that 'enter' after
the s/n. or could the log checking not cope with that?

Something has to be entered to separate the Serial (numeric)
and the coordinates (also starting with a numeric value), as
otherwise there's no certain way of knowing when the serial
ends. For example 106 57N85O (that's the letter "O", not zero
"0").  Without a field separator of some kind the serial could
be 1065.

Some other contests with this issue use "/", while sending the
exchange, as a separator.  In summary, something is needed
to separate the exchange elements, and Enter (one keystroke)
is as good as any.

A way round this problem would be for the RAEM sponsors to
change the coordinates to the format where the North/South
letter comes before the value (for example N57O85).

Then I could update SD to accept the Serial and Coordinates
as a single field - and separate them. That's what SD already
does for RSGB contests - Serials and District Codes may be
logged as a single field, with no separator.

73,
Paul EI5DI