Re: [SD-User] SD and virtual COM ports

To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [SD-User] SD and virtual COM ports
From: "Martin Davies G0HDB" <g0hdb@amdavies.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 23:48:53 -0000
On 22 Mar 2015 at 12:00, sd-user-request@contesting.com wrote:

> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Re: SD and virtual COM ports (Noel Walsh)

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 12:05:03 +0000
> From: Noel Walsh <ei2jc@hotmail.com>
> To: <sd-user@contesting.com>
> Subject: Re: [SD-User] SD and virtual COM pors
>
> Hello
>
> Is there any possibility you changed the default address on your 7600?
>
> I had a similar experience, I use AC Log day to day logging but I had
> to set the radio to 64 hex to work with it.
>
> SD uses the default address 7Ah, so I had to edit the second line in
> the 7600.SD file to suit

Hello Noel, thanks for your reply to my original posting.

The problem I was experiencing with SD accessing my IC-7600 via a virtual COM
port has
been resolved, firstly by me discovering that SD needed to be restarted after
I'd configured it
to use the virtual COM4 port for its connection to the 7600 and then by Paul
EI5DI changing
the software, and issuing it for testing as v18.01, so that the selection of a
COM port for the
rig interface now takes effect immediately rather than needing a restart of the
program.

--
73, Martin G0HDB

---