Best Ten-Tec rig for a new ham.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Best Ten-Tec rig for a new ham.
From: ashleyb@ohsu.edu (Bradford Ashley)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 14:33:52 -0800 (PST)
        To all loyal Ten-Tec users. I have posted several messages in the
various newsgroups about what would be a good beginers rig. I intially
was sold on the IC-706 given its features but was gradually swayed
towards getting a rig with the best possible receiver I could afford. The
Ten-Tec line seemed to come very highly recommended. I recently called
the factory and asked the about the various new and used rigs they had
and sort of narrowed my self down to three Ten-Tec choices in no
particular order. The paragon 585 (used) at $1295, the delta II(used) at
$995 or the scout (new) at $549. All of these seem to be good rigs. What
my question is does anyone have any input on these choices. Would they do
something else. My intrest is in general HF stuff and currently hold a
Tech plus licence hoping to upgrade to general once I get my code speed
up. Thats why I'm looking for a rig so I can start chewing on the bands.
Please E-mail me back. I'm new to this sort of news group so I'm not sure
how this works if everyone get this message and replys fine. Otherwise
please contact me directly.

                                                Thanks
                                                Brad WB7TSO
                                                73's