Omni-6... another complaint

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Omni-6... another complaint
From: K8DO@aol.com (K8DO@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 18:12:07 -0500

>I am very happy with the
>receiver's selectivity on an extremely crowded band, even without the 250
>Hz. filter (out of stock).

My biggest problem is getting the guys to NOT use the 250 cycle... They sit
there with it dialed in, and a silly smile on their faces.... The problem is
that many DX stations can't get within 250 cycles (some can't get within a
kc) and we do not hear them... they just don't exist when they are even
slightly outside the passband of the stacked filters, 500 + 250...
BTW adding a DSP audio processor only adds distortion and does not improve
anything else...

Denny