Omni 6 DSP question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Omni 6 DSP question
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 11:20:32 -0400 (EDT)
What exactly is the low pass cw filter supposed to do. Mine reduces the
wide band background noise but has very little effect on the actual
cw tones. For example, usually a lowpass filter will attenuate any freq.
above its design cutoff. I can set this one for 600hz and still hear
tones way beyond that. However, I can hear a reduction in hiss. It has
about the same effect as putting a capacitor across the speaker.

Is this the way it is supposed to work? The factory says it is but a local
here bought a brand new Omni6 and he claims his will cut off tones above
the presets. What gives?

Steve Ellington N4LQ@IGLOU.COM  Louisville, Ky