Ten Tec 5xx models and prices

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Ten Tec 5xx models and prices
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 1996 13:38:19 -0400 (EDT)
> Can someone comment on which are the better models, and whether receivers are
> superhet, filters, all mode etc.?  I am thinking all of these could do SSB
> 80-10?

I had a 509. Don't think they made a 508. The 509's receiver was much like
the original Triton 4, 540. It was a superhet and had moderate selectivity
on ssb. No internal cw filter was available. An outboard audio filter was
avaialble but I built one myself and installed it inside the radio.
Output power was about 4 watts. It had the usual qsk and pto.
It's a real classic and goes for about $250-350. The matching 504
amplifier boosted the power to 50 watts but you loose the qsk feature due
to it's carrier operated relay.

Yes they all covered 80-10. The 515 was an upgraded version of the 509 and
rather expensive too.

Steve Ellington N4LQ@IGLOU.COM  Louisville, Ky