Omni VI and ICOM CT-17 Problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Omni VI and ICOM CT-17 Problems
From: arl00@juts (Arlan R. Levitan)
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 96 08:53:38 PDT
Has anyone had any success using an ICOM CT-17 interface with the Omni VI?

I have been using Logwindows 3.0 with the OMNI's 25 pin RS-232 port with only
an occasional glitch since last winter.

Since I have ICOM UHF and VHF rigs as well, it would be nice to take advantage
of the CT-17's ability to handle up to four ICOM CI-IV compatible radios (using
Logwindow's Radio menu to select the active radio).

I have no problem with the ICOM radios and the CT-17, but cannot get the Omni
VI to work with it. Even if the Omni VI is the only radio connected to the
CT-17 I cannot get the TenTec communicating with my computer with any
reliability, using the serial mini-jack on the back of the rig.

Any ideas? I thought the Omni's computer control is supposed to be compatible
with ICOM's system...it seems to work okay via the DB-25 on the back panel if I
set the software for an ICOM 735.