Omni 6 ringing filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Omni 6 ringing filters
From: asearle@netusa.net (Art Searle)
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 1996 14:44:27 -0700
> Art,
> On my OMNI VI (about 10 months old) IF/AF Board, C25 is .01 bypass
> from the base of Q4 to ground.
> Is there a C25 bypass on the  collector of your Q4?
> Also, the mod re the pass band tuning, did TEN-TEC say what the
> purpose/result of soldering the resistors to the other side foil was?
> 73, jim

Hi Jim,

You have found a mistake that I made. I misread the schematic where 2
traces cross but no dot indicating a junction. However, I had first
pulled the IF/AF Board and traced the +reg from J44 and I found a .01
cap. I then look at the schematic to see if I could identify it and
I obviously goofed. Now this makes me wonder if I looked at the board
right. I'm too lazy to pull the board again, so if anyone out there
with a fairly new radio has reason to pull this board please let us
all know if the mystery .01 cap is really there. Thanks for the

73,  Art

Art Searle, WU2K, NY, ARRL Life Member, QRP-L #524, QRP ARCI #9123
NorCal pending, DXCC MX & CW HR , NRA Benefactor Life Member,
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor, Dale Earnhardt Fan Club
Yosemite Sam "I'm a rootin' tootin' shootin' son of a gun"