Omni VI IMD modification ...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Omni VI IMD modification ...
From: FSWF37A@prodigy.com ( JAMES T BRANNIGAN)
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 1996 20:54:25, -0500
Well,  it seems that only one fellow has actually made the IMD
modification.....and as much as I would like a 40m beam at 98ft. its
not going to happen here.....
(actually most of my 200 countries on 40 were done with an S-Line and
a G5RV at 40 ft.)
Sooo..if the cables are pulled and the box is out, covers are off and
the iron is hot. I'll put the resistors in.
Now what will bring me in on a nice summers day and  hang over a hot
iron is a solution to the "ringing filters"problem. Backing off on
the RF gain helps some, but it is still annoying, throw in some
static crashes and its back to the S-Line...(no flames please)
whatsa?

73, Jim
WB2TPS