Assembling station from 315/200/TX100?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Assembling station from 315/200/TX100?
From: dgf@netcom.com (David Feldman)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 1996 12:37:18 -0700
>David, can't help you, but you do have me intriqued.  I didn't
>realize that TT goes back that far.  I was aware of the PM series,
>but I thought that was the beginning.  Apparently not.  Let
>me (us?) know your progress.  Beyond owning a C22, I'm actually
    ^^^^^
>more interested in tube and very early solid state rigs.
>
>Cheers/73.   Kevin, KB9IUA
>
>On Tue, 9 Jul 1996, David Feldman wrote:
>
>> I'm going to start assembly of a CW station using ten-tec gear from the
>> early 1970s, particularly the 315 receiver, 200 VFO, and TX100 transmitter.
>>
>> Has anyone got any direct experience integrating these pieces? Is full
>> break in possible? Any other comments?
>>
>> Was the 315 considered a contemporary of the TX100, or was the contemporary
>> receiver the "RX10" direct conversion?
>>
>> 73 Dave WB0GAZ dgf@netcom.com

Kevin -

Sorry - I have forwarded this to both qrp-l and the ten-tec list on akorn.net
as I've forgotten where I began. Please excuse the inexcusible!

To the best of my knowledge (someone else please correct me)...

The PM series were the first ten-tec products. The very first ones
were the four QRP modules sold together as the "MR-1" (modular radio-1);
ten-tec also sold the modules together as the "PM-1" (power mite-1) and with
the familiar metal/plastic case as the PM-2 (but labelled on the front PM-1).
All of this was in the 1969-1971 timeframe. There were a few other flavors
of power-mites, but all are qrp & solid state. Some time during about the same
era they released a model RX-10 receiver (direct conversion, covering 80, 40,
20, 15M) and the TX-100 transmitter (tube, CW only, around 50-75 watts input).
The RX-10 and TX-100 were marketed at the same time, it seems competing with
the contemporary Drake 2A and 2NT receiver and transmitter, among other
competing products. After the Argonaut 505 came out (1972) they released another
reciever, the model 315 (AC powered) which is somewhat like an Argonaut without
the transmitting section, and the model 200 VFO (a high-output VFO intended for
use with the TX-100 and other CW transmitters of the time). The 200 and 315
don't appear to have any connections to allow for transceive operation.

As I still haven't been able to find a RX-10 receiver (hint?!? anyone wish
to part with one?), so that's why I wanted to begin by lashing the
315/200/TX-100 together (besides, the three products each have internal
AC power supplies, which I think is also unique in ten-tec's product line).

I never saw another tube product from Ten-Tec until the 425 Titan amplifier
appeared (big $$$).

73 Dave WB0GAZ dgf@netcom.com