OMNI-D tuning knob problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: OMNI-D tuning knob problem
From: rcook@hiwaay.net (rcook)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 04:32:43 -0700
Jim Janke wrote:

> My old OMNI-D has a problem when I turn the tuning knob
> counter-clockwise (down frequency).  At one recurring place in the
> rotation the frequency moves back up 200-400 Hz when I take my hand
> off the knob.  It is not a hand capacitance problem, as I can actually
> see the knob move slightly and it only happens at one spot in the
> rotation of the knob.
>
> Anybody ever have this problem?
>
> 73,
> Jim K9WIE
> Lakeland, MN

Hello Om. I had the same problem on a Corsair II the only difference
is that mine would do it in either direction. I called TEN TEC and
gpt a vfo rebuild kit , about 20 bucks , fixed it up fine. I think
the only thing wrong was the old Grease, clean it and regrease it
and it will probably be ok. Let me know how it comes out.
Roger