OMNI VI keyer problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: OMNI VI keyer problems
From: bobh@p3.net (Bob Hirsch)
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 07:51:40 -400
To the collective experience of the group:

I am having two problems with the built-in keyer in my OMNI VI.

1.)  The keyer display, (after hitting "ST" and then "CW") flickers, so I
can't tell what speed is set.  I don't just mean flickers between two
values when the knob needs tweaking, I means all the segments on the
LED flicker.

2.)  The acutual keyer speed sometimes changes spontaeously by itself
to some odd value, usually very high, around 35-40 wpm.

After speaking with T/T they said to try to tighten everything on the
controller board.  I did this and it was fixed for a couple of days,
but now it's back.  T/T advised me send the radio back to it's
birthplace for repair, and I will if I have to, but I just wanted to
know if any of you have had this problem and what the fix was.
Anybody out there able to resolve this themselves?

TNX
73 de Bob, AA3ON

          No Code, No HF....Know Code, Know HF!