"old" rigs and XVTR

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: "old" rigs and XVTR
From: 74130.212@compuserve.com (Ten-Tec, Inc.)
Date: 12 Aug 96 16:28:38 EDT
On the back of the 562 Omni V and 585 Paragon I transceivers are low level drive
XVTR jacks for driving an external transverter.  A great idea, eh?
Of course, we never offered an accessory ourselves to take advantage of
these jacks, and when we offered our 1208 20-to-6 meter transverter,
owners of the Omni V and Paragon I discovered:
1) The XVTR jack didn't provide enough drive
2) The RF PWR control did not get the transceivers down into an
   acceptable input range to use the transverters

So...there are mods that can be done to either rig to decrease the
lowest setting for the RF PWR control.

For the 562 Omni V:  Locate the 9 MHz xtal filter BP board.  Change
R46 to 10k.  Reset ALC for 100 watts.  The Omni V will now turn down
to less than one watt output.

For the 585 Paragon I:  Locate 2nd mixer board.  Replace R44 with 10k.
Reset ALC for 100 watts.  The 585 will now turn down to approx. 2 watts.

Scott Robbins KY2P, Ten-Tec