Auto tuner, was Re: Omni V for QRP (fwd)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Auto tuner, was Re: Omni V for QRP (fwd)
From: moore@moore.sr.unh.edu (Andrew M. Moore)
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 16:31:41 -0400 (EDT)
        [whining about TEN-TEC's lack of attention deleted]

If they catered to the needs of only a single customer, they would be
out of business a long time ago.

> The pulse they have their finger on is the rag chewing crowd, not the

>From my experience it was CW, but you're right -- I guess they do quite
well in other modes too.  I never use them much.

> joints". This is from the TT tech. Man, TT must have really crappy QC in
> their manufacturing process. Makes me wonder about the gear I have now.
> Starting to really think the next rig will be from the land of the rising
> sun.

The more I read, the more I'm convinced you were just being annoying.
If you think their support is bad, good luck getting ahold of the engineers
on the telephones (and have your translator standing by :)  Don't get me
wrong; I think there are some fantastic radios made overseas.

I apologize to the list for the flame-war material, but I hate to see a
great company (with some great equipment) get slammed by someone just
because its equipment doesn't fit his needs.  It has nothing to do with
TEN-TEC's engineering or manufacturing.  If it did, they wouldn't be here.

Cheers,

Andrew M. Moore
NV1B, CFO #963