Which used rig for me?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Which used rig for me?
From: danapple@vicor.com (Daniel I. Applebaum)
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 1996 15:59:24 -0700
I'm new to this list, and will hopefully soon be a new General class
operator.  Currently, Technician.  I'm looking to buy my first HF
transceiver, and the Ten-Tec gear seems like a good move.  The two
rigs that appear to meet my requirements are the Argosy II and Delta
(I).  What I'd like is 100w output, digital freq. display, simple,
small, 80/40/20/10m bands, maybe mobile, less than $500.  Would either
or both of these radios fit the bill?  Which would be preferred?  Is
there another unit that would be more appropriate?  Thanks for any and
all help.

Dan.
KC7GQJ

--